If you are like me, sometimes you just crave barbecue. Next time you need an easy meal, but want a sweet BBQ flavor, try out these Sloppy Tempeh Joes! This recipe feeds two or three people, depending on how high you pile your sandwiches.
- 1 package of tempeh
- BBQ sauce of choice, I use Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Minced garlic or garlic seasoning of choice
- Bread or buns (I have recently been buying from Bloomfield Farms, which is free of the top seven allergens as well as vegan and delicious! I am fortunate to live a mile from their farm.) https://www.thebloomfieldfarms.com/where-to-buy-1/
- Dice the onion and bell pepper and sautee until slightly soft, about 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Chop tempeh into small chunks and sautee with the onions and peppers until golden brown, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce and garlic.
- Sautee for an additional minute.
- Serve these on the bread or bun of your choice.